Would you like to learn a greenwood craft?
Here is our 2019 greenwood craft course programme.
All these courses will take place in a glorious, private ancient woodland near Boroughbridge, on the edge of the Vale of York.
This year we will offer:
- Spoon Carving for Beginners – 15 April, 22 April, 29 April, 13 May, 20 May, 27 May, 3 June, 15 June, 17 June, 1 September
- Spoon Carving for Improvers – three full days over three weeks. Dates as above, to suit participants
- Spoon Carving: The Works – nine full days over the Summer and Autumn. Dates as above, or bespoke dates to suit groups.
- Family Craft Days – one full day exploring tools and natural materials – 23 April, 26 July
- Making Useful Things From Wood – one full day to learn to turn a spurtle, or make a mallet, or whittle a spatula, or fashion flowers from hazel, or make a cleft oak hurdle, or….you get the idea! Just call Tom to arrange a one-off session for a small group.
A full day is charged at £75 per person. The day includes use of a range of high quality greenwood working tools, and all materials required. The campfire kettle is always on for hot drinks. Please bring your own food.
Use the contact form below, call Tom on 07787 176 242, or go to http://www.craftcourses.co.uk and search for Hawkmoth Wood for reviews, pictures and more information.
Do you have a drystone wall to rebuild or a new wall in mind?
I’m a skilled drystone waller, with a strong portfolio of farm, domestic and feature walling for both public and private clients. My pricing is competitive, and I have a small team of excellent wallers to call on for larger contracts. Recent references are readily available.
Please use the contact form below, or call Tom Handley on 07787 176 242
Know someone who would benefit from reconnecting with nature through handicraft?
Some of my work is “Educational Woodcraft”, or “sloyd”.
I work with children, young people and adults to show what can be learned, achieved and discovered by going slowly, working diligently over time with tools and natural materials, and making useful things.
Successes have included: a decade of woodcraft school in a bespoke forest garden for nursery children at Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield; improved educational attainment for Keystage 2 pupils over one academic year at Cottingley Primary Academy; reducing NEET numbers through woodcraft and walling training for Barnsley Council, 2008 -2013;
For a range of case studies of our recent work, please get in touch.
Just complete the contact form below and we’ll get back to you!