Would you like to learn a greenwood craft?
Our full 2019 greenwood craft course programme and calendar will be available here shortly. Many of the courses will take place in a glorious, private ancient woodland near Boroughbridge, on the edge of the Vale of York.
This year we will offer:
- Spoon Carving for Beginners – one full day
- Spoon Carving for Improvers – three full days over three weeks
- Spoon Carving: The Works – nine full days over the Summer and Autumn
- Family Craft Days – one full day exploring tools and natural materials
- Making Useful Things From Wood – one full day to learn to turn a spurtle, or make a mallet, or whittle a spatula, or fashion flowers from hazel, or make a cleft oak hurdle, or….you get the idea!
Do you have a drystone wall to rebuild or a new wall in mind?
I’m a skilled drystone waller, with a strong portfolio of farm, domestic and feature walling for both public and private clients. My pricing is competitive, and I have a small team of excellent wallers to call on for larger contracts. Recent references are readily available.
Please use the contact form below, or call Tom Handley on 07787 176 242
Know someone who would benefit from reconnecting with nature through handicraft?
Some of my work is “Educational Woodcraft”, or “sloyd”.
I work with children, young people and adults to show what can be learned, achieved and discovered by going slowly, working diligently over time with tools and natural materials, and making useful things.
Successes have included: a decade of woodcraft school in a bespoke forest garden for nursery children at Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield; improved educational attainment for Keystage 2 pupils over one academic year at Cottingley Primary Academy; reducing NEET numbers through woodcraft and walling training for Barnsley Council, 2008 -2013;
For a range of case studies of our recent work, please get in touch.
Just complete the contact form below and we’ll get back to you!